Saturday, May 23, 2015

Everton Football Game (England Day 3)

Our first weekend here in England we had the privilege of going to a home football (soccer) game for Everton. Sadly we couldn't see Liverpool because they were out of town that weekend. I am a big soccer nut and that's rare in the USA so I was excited to be in a place where everyone else loved the sport as much as I do. I normally root for Manchester or one of the bigger teams but being able to go to a game for a team that has such a rich history was just as exciting. I had to turn in my reds and pull out my blues.


It was a packed house since it was the third to last game of the season. The teams were playing really hard because they better their season looks they then will move up in football leagues.

The security was watching to make sure no crowds tried to stampede the field during half time or after the game.

The stadium cleared out really quickly after the game which was nice. Everton sadly lost to Sunderland (0-2) but it was still great to hear some of the chanting and the spirit in real life rather then through a television.


After the cold day at the field it was nice to be back on campus and cuddle up in bed with some Abbey Friar.

I have to say that leaving on Wednesday is going to be hard. I have totally fallen in love with everything about England and so wish I could stay. Although I do really miss home and can't wait to see my dad, cats, boyfriend, and everyone else.

XOXO
ZMH 

No comments:

Post a Comment