Friday, June 12, 2015

Your Song

I'm going to take a quick break from my Liverpool posts to share with you what has been going on since I got back.

This year I had the opportunity to be a ballet teacher to 7-9 year old girls and it was a dream come true! I was able to teach at my old dance studio and it was blast. At times it was a little difficult but these girls changed my life and made me smile. 

Last weekend was the studio's end of the year recital. The recital theme this year was L.O.V.E. meaning that all the songs were about love, about places we love, or just songs us teachers loved! My girls danced to Your Song by Elton John and they made me cry. These girls are at the tipping point of choosing to take ballet very seriously or take it something fun to do and so I wanted to give them music and a piece that was a little more challenging.

These girls blew me away and I could not be more proud of them. I hope to return as a teacher this coming year and hopefully continue teaching these girls at a high level.
 My girls in their ending pose back stage
My friend Molly and I, we went from freshmen college roommates to dance teachers at the same studio. I could not have asked for anyone else to go through my first recital as a teacher with.

XOXO
ZMH 

No comments:

Post a Comment