Friday, September 5, 2014

Time Keeps Passing

This past week has been a whirl wind. I have no idea where the week went. It is currently early Saturday morning and I could swear it was just Sunday yesterday.

I feel this week went by so quickly because I had it broken up. Last week Saturday at about this time my Aunt Shirley sent out an email to the family that my Uncle Mike, Aunt Sharron's husband, passed away. Now this wasn't a big shock to the family because he had a very serious fall three years ago that led to a lot of brain damage, paralysis, and just a steady decline in health. 

My Aunt Sharron has been through a lot these passing years because she always had Mike to rely on and do everything for her. She had to learn to be independent very quickly at a really late time in life. I saw her struggle but I also saw her grow to an even more amazing woman then she already is.

My Aunt is someone who inspires me. I saw all the hardship she went through and she made me realize that I have to stop doubting my abilities. I have to push through everything and go for every opportunity even if I know I will fail. I will still learn from that experience. 

So this week when my dad and I drove down to Indiana for the service on Wednesday I wasn't sure what to expect. I have been to my fair share of funerals for people close to me and also people not so close. There was something different about this one. We all had been expecting this to happen but we all were there for Sharron. We were there to show her that her family will come together when needed and won't ever leave her. 

This week wasn't so much sad but a happy occasion. We celebrated Uncle Mike's life and Aunt Sharron's strength. There was family in town from Washington D.C., St. Louis MO, and Michigan. We all came from hours away because family is THE most important thing to us. It doesn't matter what you have done in the past, we are family and we will be there.

I have to say I am pretty lucky to have such a big and supportive family. My family is awesome and I appreciate everything everyone has done from far away and near by. I could not have asked for a better life and so many great role models. 

Here are a few random photos of some of my family members.

My dad and grandpa

My dad and I 

Two of my cousins and my Aunt

My cousins and I

My cousins

XOXO
ZMH

No comments:

Post a Comment