Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Day of the Third Year

So today was my first day of my junior year in college! I cannot believe that I only have two more years until I am done with my undergrad. I am not ready for this time to just fly by.

Overall as a first day it was great. I had only one class today and that was at noon so I got to sleep in and take my time getting ready. The weather was pretty good up until this afternoon. We had a big thunderstorm roll through town. It came and went pretty fast but man oh man was there a lot of rain. I unfortunately got caught in it so I was unable to take a photo of my first day of school outfit. I am hoping the weather is better tomorrow so I can at least get a picture of that. 

Overall the transition from camp to school has been a little weird but really good. I really miss everyone from camp and all the crazy things that happened. I am super glad to be back on campus though so there are some trade offs. My roommates and I have settled into our new apartment very nicely. It is a bit small but we aren't complaining because we have air conditioning. I will be sure to put up a post of our apartment as soon as everything is unpacked but until then here is a picture of our front door.


This past weekend I was an orientation assistant which meant I helped show incoming freshmen the campus and everything that we offered. My orientation partner and I had a great group of students and made some new budding relationships with them. We also helped with the transfer student program which was incredible. I made some new friends and helped the students feel more comfortable about being in a new place part of the way through their education. 
My orientation partner, Alex, and I on freshmen move-in day.

Overall the start to this school year has been awesome and I cannot wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for my friends and myself. 

XOXO
ZMH



No comments:

Post a Comment