Monday, June 9, 2014

Zoo Day

So last week my boyfriend R took me to the zoo! We went all the way over to Binder Park Zoo because it is quiet amazing. I was super excited because I hadn't been to the zoo in forever and this was our last big date/adventure before he left for camp for the summer.

It was such a long day but it was wonderful. We left Holland at about 11am and arrived at the zoo by 12:30pm. When we got there we had arrived at the same time as several elementary school field trip classes. Being around all the excited little kids made me even more excited to be at the zoo and also made me want to pick up and child and steal it, they were so cute! Once R and I got in the zoo we wondered around a few of the small animal exhibits and petting zoo before heading off to the Africa portion of the zoo.

We had a nice little train ride around the zoo, a lovely lunch, fed some giraffes, and saved a couple turtles.

After seeing everything it was about 3:30pm-ish and then stopped at a Tim Horton's for a little caffeine boost. On our way home we had to stop and save a turtle on the side of the road. After helping out the little guy we continued on our way home.

Overall it was such a great day! Any day can be made great if you go to the zoo!
A beautiful bald eagle

A couple of kookaburras

Don't mind the free roaming peacocks

Hello Mr.Owl, this was a beautiful owl who had been rescued because he lost an eye and was struggling out in the world.

Prairie dog

Look up in the tree a red panda!

A male white peacock

Llamas!

The cheetahs were so beautiful and were purring away. They reminded me of my kitties at home.

A very old tortoise

A couple of monkeys in a tree

I got to feed and pet this beautiful giraffe

One of my favorite animals, zebras

A couple of wallabies

And to finish off the trip a few cockatoos

XOXO
ZMH

No comments:

Post a Comment