Thursday, May 22, 2014

Scallops and Lilly

So here in Holland it has been kind of a cold start to summer. We just can't seem to shake winter apparently. Well it is finally starting to get warm and even hot out! This weekend it is suppose to get up in the 80's but we will just have to wait and see if the weather people are correct on that.

About a week ago we had a super hot afternoon and I was so happy after going through a couple cold days. These cold days were in the high 50's so not bad for Michigan but after the winter we had I just want some nice hot days! This one afternoon was amazing so I took total advantage of it.

I got all dolled up in a new dress I had bought several days before. I was waiting for a nice warm day to break it out so I wouldn't have to wear a cardigan. So I got dressed up, picked up my boyfriend and we headed downtown. We enjoyed a late lunch of breakfast food, our favorite, at the Windmill Restaurant. After stuffing our faces we went over to the local screen printing shop to visit an old high school art teacher and some friends. It was nice to catch up with everyone since it has been awhile. 

After wandering around downtown I decided I wanted to get photos of my outfit because I felt super cute and preppy. I whipped out my iPhone and asked my boyfriend to snap a few photos. He tried his hardest to get good photos but I have to train him better on what I want. You would think being in art school he would know how to take really awesome photos but I guess that's one thing he has never tried out.

So here are a couple photos, once again sorry that they aren't fabulous but at least I have a few photos of the outfit!



So I fell in love with this simple navy blue scallop dress. I found it without even looking. I was at Marshall's with my dad and I was perusing random racks not really looking for anything and then BAM! This dress is amazing and totally embodies the preppy sense of style I have been trying to lean towards lately. I paired it with a fabulous Lilly Pulitzer bag, some costume jewelry from my grandma, a big floppy hat, and some cute wedges from Macy's. You can't really see the wedges detail but oh my goodness they are adorable! They are wicker around the wedge and have a very tiny pink and blue flower pattern on them that helped bring my jewelry's color in with my dress and bag.

Needless to say I am in love with this preppy outfit and you might see me in the dress many many times on this blog.

I hope you enjoyed today's post! 

XOXO
ZMH

No comments:

Post a Comment